Due to the high cost, many patients are not ready or cannot afford to buy an original medicine in Canadian pharmacy that has been proven over the years, and opts for generics. This is because prices for generics are several times lower with exactly the same effectiveness. In this case, the competition stimulates the manufacturer of the original drug to reduce prices.
Shoppers Drug Mart (Rank: 3.4)
https://shoppersdrugmart.ca/ | 5110 AB-2A, Lacombe, AB T4L 1Y7, Canada | +1 403-782-3220
- I was very impressed with the hospitality when walking in the door. I will definitely start getting my prescriptions here!
- Shoppers Drug Mart is an absolute worst pharmacy in the neighborhood. Currently, I’m sitting in the drive-through, which should only be for drop-offs and pickups, and I’ve been here for 20 minutes. The car currently on the tube side has been there for at least 15 minutes. Apparently, the staff is filling prescriptions while people wait!! I still have two more cars in front of me. LAST TIME I EVER COME HERE!!!
Spruce Grove Pharmacy (Rank: 4.8)
http://www.sgpharm.com/ | 187 AB-16A, Spruce Grove, AB T7X 4P9, Canada | +1 780-960-5490
- I started using this Spruce Grove Pharmacy a couple of months ago. The people here are always friendly, and the service has been very good and quick thus far. They even sent out a handwritten personalized Thank You card the first time I did business with them. Talk about going the extra mile to earn your business. The card wasn’t necessary, but it was nice. They earned my business with their professionalism and friendliness while in the store. I can’t say enough good things about these people. They are friendly, helpful, and professional at this local family pharmacy.
- Besides the parking lot is difficult to navigate, this pharmacy is a close second in quality to the brand new one on Union. They always have a good selection of organic produce, and the front setup is on par with Whole Foods. The way they have an area with like five aisles of international foods is pretty dope.
ViaQX Pharmacy (Rank: 4.2)
https://viaqx.com/ | 1475 St Edward Blvd N Bay 5, Lethbridge, AB T1H 2P9, Canada | +1 403-320-6500
- Thank you SO much Viaqx for your help with getting my prescription covered! No chain pharmacy would take the time that you put in to help me get this medication. I can not put into words how much I appreciate their help. This medication was something we could NEVER afford if we had to pay for it on our own. Thanks to Brian, I am able to get it from the company through the patient assistance program. They worked SO hard to get me something that will not make a penny for the pharmacy. THAT is amazing customer service. Please!! Avoid the large chain pharmacies. SHOP LOCAL.
- The real lovely staff there and always able to fill out my script easier in person than over the Internet as setting it up during COVID is a pain.
Millerdale Pharmacy (Rank: 3.8)
https://www.mdph.ca/ | 5201 43 St, Red Deer, AB T4N 1C7, Canada | +1 403-342-1434
- I love the points system. I love free stuff & the staff is pretty darn good at their jobs, and they are also very friendly.
- What was that? I initially had a script for eye drops that had 3 refills transferred to this Millerdale Pharmacy trying to save money. When I tried to call in the refill, they told me that I didn’t have anymore and that I needed to contact my provider. When I tried to ask them questions about what had happened, they cut me off in the middle of a couple of words (Giving me the impression that they do this quite often). I’m sure they are busy, but please remember that I am the customer, and if you are rude to me, I will just go somewhere else. Oh, hey, that’s just what I did.